We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”! Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to take the next step in their career. Code.Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and tech (freak) experts!
Our client is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. They apply science and their global resources to deliver innovative therapies that extend and significantly improve lives. Every day, colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time.
The Manager, LAN Engineering role is focused on design and engineering related to the Server Load Balancing (SLB) and Global Server Load Balancing (GSLB) environment at Pfizer. This position is responsible for participating in technical design sessions with business clients to gather requirements and provide enterprise-grade solutions that solve business needs.
The role also requires the ability to focus on high quality deliverables and a sense of accountability and requires a strong desire for continuous learning to stay current with the rapidly evolving technology landscape.
- Gather requirements, engineer solutions, and deploy SLB Solutions to meet the needs of our business clients.
- Ensure that SLB solutions and services are properly documented and supportable by the Pfizer Network Operations teams.
- Management of on-shore and off-shore engineering resources engaged in support SLB service requests.
- Management of SLB assets, both physical and virtual.
- Financial Management of annual maintenance and licensing contracts.
- Lifecycle management of deployed infrastructure.
- Bi-weekly reporting on Project, Incident, Problem Management, and BAU Service Requests.
- Function as an escalation point for solutioning and troubleshooting complex load balancing incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in a technical field such as Information Technology or Computer Science/Engineering.
- 6 to 10 years of experience in a Technology role.
- Design, manage, and troubleshoot complex large-scale networks.
- Associate level Industry certifications (CCNA, DEVASC, CCSA, or equivalent expertise).
- A strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Process oriented with great documentation skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision.