We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”! Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to take the next step in their career. Code.Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and tech (freak) experts!
Our client is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. They apply science and their global resources to deliver innovative therapies that extend and significantly improve lives. Every day, colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, reatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time.
The Manager in Tax Solutions is responsible to provide continuous improvement and operational support for software solutions in the Global Tax business function. Key responsibilities include directing and participating in processing support/enhancement requests, programming activities, monitoring, evaluating system performance, and designing and implementing new features. This position will perform that function in partnership and collaboration with Client Partner leaders, Enterprise Architects, other Pfizer Digital service providers, and business team members stakeholders.
This position will report to the Sr Director – Tax Solutions and will be part of a development team responsible for the design, build, test and support of applications using both SDLC and an Agile methodology. It will be responsible for managing and delivering on software solution efforts by modeling, developing, testing and coordinating with the deploy, embed and optimize activities for Global Tax applications. It will assist the Digital Finance Solutions leads in all areas, carrying out technical support, software delivery tasks and tracking/reporting progress.
The ideal candidate must bring a technical capability, understanding and a desire to learn, use, and implement new digital and computing technologies and solutions, as well as an interest in Finance operational areas – Tax preferred. He/she will take instruction from and carry out efforts, collaborating with the business operations colleagues to focus on technical system improvements in varied technologies, such as SAP, SAP BI/HANA, Longview, OneSource, Vertex, finance edge systems, reporting and data analysis efforts including visualization.
The candidate will partner and support Global Tax personnel, Digital Solution Owners, and Business Process Owners to make sure plans for system improvements / deployments are executed and optimized to maximum benefit. He/she will be responsible for execution of plans, communicating status and identifying and addressing risks and issues.
- Develop, test & support Global Tax applications as part of the development team using agile methodologies and leveraging SAP and other technologies.
- Execute and disseminate technical solution guidance and expertise for new and existing technology implementation/delivery.
- Learn new technology trends in the industry and potential use cases for Pfizer and apply them to financial operations/tax business areas.
- Act as the support contact for initiatives that are transformational for financial operations/tax business colleagues.
- Coordinate issue tracking, root cause analysis, and issue resolution communications.
- Maintain close and familiar customer relationships with the financial operations/tax business team members.
- Coordinate Finance solution deployments. Solution deployments may cross many applications and technologies including SAP and non-SAP systems, as well as emerging technologies.
- Ensure compliance to deployment standards and quality guidelines with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) related obligations are executed with the highest standards of compliance
- Coordinate activity across a team of colleagues located over diverse geographical locations guiding them to deliver world class execution across a portfolio of solutions and initiatives in support of enhanced digital experience and overall Pfizer Digital objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related degree.
- 5+ years experience in IT system design and/or delivery.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle process.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components orcomplete applications.
- Programming language knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating project teams.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence outcomes.
- Strong diplomacy and collaborative agreement negotiation are critical.
- Working knowledge of O365 and collaboration tools.
- Documentation and Organizational skills.
- Communication and Presentation skills.