We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”! Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to take the next step in their career. Code.Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and tech (freak) experts!
Our client is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. They apply science and their global resources to deliver innovative therapies that extend and significantly improve lives. Every day, colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, reatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time.
The Scrum Master is accountable for ensuring Product Owners and Development Teams maximize the business value of products within the team. This role is responsible for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use for continuous development and delivery of products and solutions.
Working with a talented team of functional/technical experts, they are key proponents of Agile practices and values, using these to help drive forward the program of digital transformation that empowers Pfizer’s customer-oriented vision.
This senior position requires an individual with a proven ability to lead/coach teams across a variety of technologies, delivering solutions that meet and exceed stakeholder expectations.
- The projects that the Scrum Master manages are often complex and global in nature. To ensure their success they will be expected to: Plan scrum implementations effectively, ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the Scrum Team.
- Lead and coordinate Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Coach Product Owners, helping them create clear and concise Product Backlog Items, ensuring they know how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value.
- Understand the project’s functional/technical requirements and provide leadership to the functional/technical teams, helping them to solve some of the more complex challenges and engendering a collaborative, knowledge sharing environment.
- Establish an environment where the Scrum team can be as effective as possible, addressing team
- dynamics, and ensuring a good relationship between the development team and product owner
- Support the development team in maintaining a steady delivery rate, protecting them from outside interruptions, and removing impediments to their progress.
- Actively promote Scrum within the organization, working with other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness/adoption of Scrum.
- Lean/Agile leader – Helps the team embrace agile core values, adopt and apply those principles, and implementation practices.
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
- 5 years of experience as a scrum master or similar position, working with functional/technical teams of contract or colleague resources
- Have demonstrated ability and experience in technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment with demonstrated capabilities managing large scale, enterprise software requirements definition, designs and implementations in global 24-by-7 environments.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent skills in planning, analysis, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation, and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
- Proven capability leading projects in an Agile/DevOps environment