We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”! Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to take the next step in their career. Code.Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and tech (freak) experts!
Our client is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. They apply science and their global resources to deliver innovative therapies that extend and significantly improve lives. Every day, colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time.
The Pfizer Machine Learning and Intelligent Assistance Team, builds, delivers and maintains the products, platforms and capabilities that enable Pfizer Business Units to leverage intelligent automation solutions to effectively engage/collaborate across teams internally and our customers externally. We build advanced AI technology solutions at a global scale that positively impact Pfizer business performance. Pfizer is accelerating the use of AI technologies across our entire enterprise.
At Pfizer we make medicines and vaccines that change patients’ lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. Pfizer Digital is the organization charged with winning the digital race in the pharmaceutical industry. We apply our expertise in technology, innovation, and our business to support Pfizer in this mission.
The Sr Manager, Developer colleague, will be on a team responsible for executing the technical strategies, architecture, system designs, support and solutions development to enable the Digital Manufacturing organization business processes as it relates to the PGS Production System and some of the major Covid Vaccine Production initiatives.
The colleague will be accountable for executing application engineering, development and support activities within the team. The role requires ability to understand and implement the product owners’ vision, requirements and user stories while considering the appropriate user experience as well as application engineering best practices. This position requires a blend of expertise across Enterprise Strategy, Design, Build, Testing, Operation, Governance, Software Architecture, Change & Release Management, Cloud Technologies, Cross Functional Partnership Support, and Leadership – along with in-depth latest cutting-edge technologies.
The team is working as a Scrum team and is fully capable of implementing features planned for them in each Product Increment. The team can perform Analysis, Development, and Testing of each of their development tasks.
The Sr Manager, Developer colleague’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work in a collaborative team comprising of Microservices Engineering, Data Engineering and Solution Engineering
- Design, engineer, develop comprehensive apps and solutions using Kubernetes, containers, microservices, open source, CI/CD and other aspects of modern cloud architecture and DevOps techniques
- Participate in executing the technical and architecture strategies and roadmaps across Digital Production Systems as defined by Engineering Leadership
- Be involved in executing architectures, strategies, design and delivery using Scrum agile development methodology
- Ensure quality software is delivered on time within a fast-paced agile environment
- Foster a culture of continuous improvements across the development environment
- Monitor sprint progress, eliminate barriers, and ensure effectively deliver the solutions to add values to our business customers
- Understand business customers’ expectations and preferences and their alignment to digital
- Support day-to-day transformation needs and issue investigation and resolution
- Implement process improvements, enforcement of adherence to standards across the organization and compliance with industry regulations
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across PGS, Digital and Strategic Partners
- Develop the module(s) owned according to the defined coding & testing standards
- Fix bugs, both within the current development train and corresponding Production defects
- Support planning activities for the upcoming Product Increments
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in deploying enterprise solutions in agile software environment
- Working experience in engineering and technical delivery of the cloud-based solutions created in modern programming languages/frameworks; Angular, .NET
- Working experience with database systems; MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Redshift, MongoDB, Couchbase
- Expertise in utilizing DevOps tools such as DevOps Azure/Git, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, SonarQube
- Working experience AWS technologies such as EC2, EBS, S3, RDS
- Experience with production deployments of complex systems
- Experience with an industry accepted, structured software development life cycle methodology
- Experience supporting the development of complex software products including the deployment of multiple versions / releases of a large product
- Ability to contribute to technical specifications, technical design documentation, process documentation and technical SOPs for the software development team
- Experience working in teams to address software defect analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution
- Excellent communication skills