We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”! Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to take the next step in their career. Code. Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and we want the best value for you!
Our Client is a global leader in innovative solutions and services for the COG, retail and healthcare industries. They deliver growth to CPG manufacturer, retail, OTC health care and media clients through their five key areas of expertise. Their global analytics hub situated in Athens that services their clients globally.
They are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join their team as is one of the fastest growing companies in Greece.
The successful candidate shall be highly motivated and results-driven with a passion for the analytics space. The candidate must be able to work independently, as well as actively participate with a collaborative team and be involved in the implementation of technological approaches, architectures and applications used to facilitate the provision and delivery of solutions.
Specifically, the everyday routine of the successful candidate will include:
- Dealing with very big datasets (TBs) with hundreds of columns, stored in Hadoop clusters.
- A mix of programming languages (Julia, R, Python, etc.)
- Interaction with highly skilled engineers and business people with different disciplines distributed around the globe.
- A mix of relational databases.
- A fast paced Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Very demanding customers from the US retail sector.
- Statistical modeling on a huge amount of data. Implementation of complex statistical and machine learning algorithms.
- Design of new features and major enhancements.
- Performing thorough code reviews of all code and repair legacy code.
- Being accountable for the performance and reliability of all product/component(s).
- Ensuring that all code is well-written, well-documented, and well-tested.
- Acting proactively in flagging potential critical issues and challenges of the project to his/her manager.
Skills & experience:
- MSc /Ph.D. university degree in a Numerate subject (i.e. Computer Science/Mathematics-Statistics).
- Working experience with SQL/Hive.
- Proven experience as software developer using Julia, R or Python, demonstrated success developing a variety of software systems while taking on increasing responsibility for analysis, design, implementation and deployment tasks.
- Extended experience with Hadoop
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets
- Experience in data mining
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Ability to write well-documented, reusable code.
- Experience with Agile software development is a plus.
- Ability to clearly document features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills able to present ideas and information clearly.
- High command of verbal and written English.