We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”! Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to take the next step in their career. Code.Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and tech (freak) experts!
Our client is a leading research-based biopharmaceutical company. They apply science and their global resources to deliver innovative therapies that extend and significantly improve lives. Every day, colleagues work across developed and emerging markets to advance wellness, prevention, treatments and cures that challenge the most feared diseases of our time.
The Microservices Lead is charged with the strategic ownership of microservice architecture & standards across the whole of Platform DevOps, with a focus on the highest impact development cross platform. These services will be used by 2000+ applications in every market that the organization has a digital presence. Core microservices support over 106 million visits by our customers.
Microservices are a core strategy for our platform, within this team the technical standards will be set, development completed where appropriate and a catalogue/offering maintained. The successful candidate will be responsible for shaping the vision, framework, promotion & development of these services.
The main responsibilities of this role are to own our strategy within Platform DevOps for Microservice usage and development patterns. This role will also be hands on with expectation to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable services & components leveraging a contract development team.
The successful candidate will lead a high performing Agile team ensuring that best practice CI/CD workflows are in place with key metrics captured and reported on such as; number of daily production deployments, mean time between failures, mean time to recover etc.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and security of all services built.
- Management of a vendor certification program, which will train & monitor development quality from our vendor partners.
- Responsible for vendor partner ongoing delivery quality.
- Share & promote our Microservice strategy across Digital department, through technical councils, blog postings & direct project involvement. Seen as a thought leader, expert and source of advice across the organization.
- Own and manage the microservice governance process which involves cross team representatives to ensure all microservice delivery is aligned with our standards, processes and duplication of effort does not take place.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems through known and innovative means.
- Own and manage the release management of the delivered microservices. Understanding how they are integrated and consumed, what the dependencies are and working with the relevant teams to manage and mitigate any impact of release.
- Manage both an operational and project-based budget to deliver core and business requested services.
Whilst this role will not have colleague reports, it is expected that the candidate will manage a team of long-term contractors & dotted line colleague developers. The candidate will look to grow their reports knowledge base, skill set through development plans, objective setting and performance management.
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software developer, technical project manager, systems administrator, database administrator, systems engineer, computer engineer or support specialist, engineering lead, technical team lead.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines
- Knowledge of scaled distributed systems and cloud implementations with proven track record in Performance, Scalability and Resiliency
- Understanding of cloud design patterns
- Experience of CI/CD and DevOps work styles
- Familiar with AWS SAM and/or Chalice
- Familiar with SDLC/Agile/Scrum processes
- Formal AWS qualifications are desirable
- Very strong experience of developing RESTful API micro-services based on Python, AWS (must have 3+ years Python development experience in a commercial environment)
- Exposure to test-driven development, with Jenkins experience a strong plus and knowledge of BDD and Pytest also a bonus
- Security principles, and security implementations for database engines and associated applications.