We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”!Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to take the next step in their career.Code. Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and tech (freak) experts!
Our Client is Dafabet, a part of Asian Logic, a group of companies located in the Far East with offices in the Philippines and Hong Kong. It is one of the largest betting and gaming company in Asia region.
The development team in Athens will be a part of a greater team abroad who will all be working on the same project. The IT direction comes from Manila in the Philippines and the two development units are in Gibraltar and the last two years in Athens.
The Senior Database Administrator role is to ensure the availability, reliability and stable Operation of the Production Infrastructure and Database Systems. This includes maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, including, Server Infrastructure, Clustering and Database Applications.
The Senior Database Administrator will be working on the IT Operations & Infrastructure Team. This includes working on premise on different Shifts, weekends and holidays when required (24×7 ROTA).
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for MySQL, Redis and other NoSQL Server instances
- Implements, optimizes and maintains Redis, MySQL high availability
- Performance tuning through the different tools available in Redis, MySQL
- Administers security and disaster recovery Design and Planning of databases, including back up, restore, recovery, auditing and health checks
- Designs, implements and maintains complex Database Systems and Applications involved with these Databases (Store Procedures, Reports, Query optimizations, etc)
- Performs Redis, MySQL installations, configurations, patch updates, monitoring and version upgrades when recommended and required
- Works incident tickets including problem analysis, root cause and solution implementation
- Performs standard database operations, SQL programming and optimization
- Research and test new Database Technologies planning PoCs accordingly
- Effective communication with different IT Operations and Development Teams
- Works towards automation and gaining efficiencies
- Handles deployment of Database Scripts through different environments and provide feedback to ensure Production Deployments are as safe as possible
- Provides quick recovery solutions to ensure business continuity
- Database Systems Analysis identifying inefficient Database Processes and recommendations
- Efficient Capacity planning and addresses hardware needs efficiently
- Documents Database Environments
- Demonstrate strong operational Database Administration and troubleshooting skills
- Maintains Database Standards and ensure Best Practices at all times
- Measures Risks (Risk Assessment exercises) and provide recommendations accordingly
- 6+ years administering MySQL, PostgreSQL or other NoSQL technologies
- Experience in migrating and upgrading Redis, MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience in architecting and leading Database solutions
- Experience in Index/Jobs fine tuning and optimizations
- Experience in Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Very good understanding of SQL Programming and execution plans
- Good scripting skills (Bash/Python) and well-versed with Linux systems
- Valuable experience with Elastic System (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Computer proficiency in common MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio)
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS/GCP (or any other Cloud provider)