We are the 1st Hub for Developers! Our motto is “From Developers to Developers”! Our vision is to provide real career opportunities for candidates that want to make the next step in their career. Code. Career is the first process that you will speak with developers (only!) and we want the best value for you!
Our client operates one of the world’s fastest-growing digital platforms in the realm of financial commerce. They offer both business clients and consumers a full range of innovative added-value services for digital payments: online, mobile, and at the point of sale. They operate at Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and North and South America and they have more than 5.000 employees globally.
They are looking for a System Administrator/Application Engineer to join their team in Athens.
- Active support in building up our new team and developing efficient processes
- Support and monitoring of the globally used applications in the area of transaction banking (including the core banking system) in the cloud or on-premises in our data centers
- Responsible for the successful operation and to ensure high availability of all systems
- Management of the release process for various applications
- Coordination of incidents / error tickets across all units involved, including root cause analysis, troubleshooting and development of preventive measures
- Creation and maintenance of (process) documentation for internal use and external audits
- Cooperation with teams from all over the world
- Degree in the field of computer science (university, or similar) and several years of professional experience as an application engineer, system administrator or in a comparable function
- Profound experience with Linux (Red Hat Enterprise) and Windows Server, monitoring tools (especially Data Dog) and Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, GitLab), as well as Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Strong understanding of databases (development of SQL queries in relational databases e.g. Oracle)
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English, knowledge of German is a plus
- Team player with structured and independent working methods as well as analytical and solution-oriented thinking skills
- Intercultural mindset and pleasure in working in an international team