Why to participate
- The Software Testing industry is expected to grow dramatically in the near future
- Investing to Selenium Automation Testing guarantees a stable career with high financial gains
- Selenium is the most mature automation testing tool, supporting different Browsers, Operating Systems and programming languages
- With a step by step approach, this course will help you to master all the concepts of Selenium from scratch
While modern software systems become increasingly complex, several enterprises recognize the added value of using some form of Agile methodology. In this context, automation testing has become crucial for many software projects. Automation testing has low risk for errors, allows regular execution, and supports regression testing and functional testing. Given the fact that nowadays most of the software solutions are web-based applications, there is an increasing demand for investing to new frameworks, methodologies and tools that evaluate and guarantee quality assurance for web applications. Among several commercial and open source test automation tools, Selenium is one of the most widely-used tools to build test automation for web applications.
- Selenium IDE: It is a browser plugin that provides an easy-to-use interface for developing automated tests scripts. It has a recording feature, which records user actions as they are performed and then exports them as a reusable script in one of many programming languages that can be later executed
- Selenium WebDriver or Selenium 2: It is the core tool that provides all sorts of awesome features, including a more cohesive and object oriented API used for regressions tests and cross-browser testing. It allows users to test on a spectrum of browsers and operating systems using the native operating system functionality.
- Selenium Grid: Selenium-Grid allows scaling for large test suites and for test suites that must be run in multiple environments. Selenium Grid allows testing in parallel, where different tests can be run at the same time on different remote machines. The benefits of adopting this strategy are twofold. First it can reduce substantially the execution time of a large test suite, or a slow-running test suite, by allocating different subsets of tests to different machines. Secondly, and more importantly, it permits testing on multiple environments concurrently.
Overall, Selenium is about automating browsers. It is primarily for automating web applications for testing purposes, but is certainly not limited to just that.
- Selenium Fundamentals
- Selenium Flavours, Capabilities
- Maven Integration with Selenium
- Maven build for continuous integration
- Page Object Model
- Use POM design pattern to create a robust testing framework
- Data driven testing
- execute the same test with multiple sets of data
- Locate UI bugs using Selenium
- Introduction to Pixel to Pixel Testing
- Use advanced Selenium techniques
- (Taking screenshots, capturing JS console errors, handle cookies, Headless testing and more)
- Execute Tests on multiple browsers
- Run same test scripts on all major browsers
- Create a user-friendly report to track Test results
- This specific Code.Learn program lasts 2 weeks (2 Fridays, 2 Saturdays) with 24 hours of lectures and hands-on exercise on a real life project.
The lessons can be carried out:
- Inside a physical classroom with an instructor,
- In an online environment as a virtual classroom, with live connection with the instructor through video conferencing; or lastly,
- A combination of both physical and online.
The method of teaching will depend on the current conditions, and also on the participants’ preferences.
Regarding online, the instructor provides the taught material through screen sharing, live broadcast, or by working on the cloud where attendees can see and interact with everything in real-time. Attendees themselves can seamlessly and actively participate and ask questions, as they would in a physical classroom. Additionally, they can collaborate in team projects and deliver assignments and hands-on projects that the instructor can see and provide feedback easily and without delays.
QA Engineers, Manual Testers who want to head towards automation testing, Automation Testers who want to deep dive in Selenium as well as all IT Professionals – including but not limited to developers, software engineers, consultants, analysts, team leaders – that want to boost their career are welcome to participate to this code.learn program and unlock the full potentiality of the topics taught by upskilling their future career.