Advanced Docker concepts following the fundamental Docker training for those who want to learn how to deploy Docker for real-world applications and want to take their knowledge to the next level.
- This specific Code.Learn program lasts 3 days (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) with 16 hours of lectures and hands-on exercise on a real life project.
Key Objectives – Curriculum
- Create a Swarm cluster
- Create a service
2. Swarm Basic Features
- Overlay Networking
- Routing Mesh
- Swarm Stacks
- Swarm Secrets
- Swarm Configs
- Update a Service
3. Service Logs & Docker Events
- Service Logs
- Docker Events
4. Control service placement
- Placement constraints
- Placement preferences
- Reserve memory or CPUs for a service
- Replicated or global services
5. Service Updates
- Configure a service’s update behavior
- Roll back to the previous version of a service
- Automatically roll back if an update fails
6. Container Registries
- Docker Hub
- Private Docker Registry
The lessons can be carried out:
- Inside a physical classroom with an instructor,
- In an online environment as a virtual classroom, with live connection with the instructor through video conferencing; or lastly,
- A combination of both physical and online.
The method of teaching will depend on the current conditions, and also on the participants’ preferences.
Regarding online, the instructor provides the taught material through screen sharing, live broadcast, or by working on the cloud where attendees can see and interact with everything in real-time. Attendees themselves can seamlessly and actively participate and ask questions, as they would in a physical classroom. Additionally, they can collaborate in team projects and deliver assignments and hands-on projects that the instructor can see and provide feedback easily and without delays.
Computer scientists, software engineers, developers and system administrators are welcome to participate to this code.learn program and unlock the full potentiality of the topics taught by upskilling their future career.