- This specific Code.Learn program lasts 2 weeks (2 Fridays, 2 Saturdays) with 24 hours of lectures and hands-on exercises.
Key Objectives – Curriculum
This program will present, explore and adequately cover with extended hands-on sessions & real-life case studies the following areas:
- Managing Files From the Command Line
- Getting Help in Linux
- Creating Viewing and Editing Text Files
- Using Regular Expressions with grep
- Scheduling Future Linux Tasks
- Managing Local Linux Users and Groups (overview)
- Controlling Services and Daemons
- Configuring and Securing OpenSSH Service (overview)
- Analyzing and Storing Logs
- Installing and Updating Software Packages
- Managing Networking
- Limiting Network Communication with firewalld
- Adding Disks, Partitions and File Systems to a Linux System
- Managing Logical Volume Management (LVM) Storage
- Controlling and Troubleshooting the Boot Process
- High Availability Cluster ( Optional | Overview)
The lessons can be carried out:
- Inside a physical classroom with an instructor,
- In an online environment as a virtual classroom, with live connection with the instructor through video conferencing; or lastly,
- A combination of both physical and online.
The method of teaching will depend on the current conditions, and also on the participants’ preferences.
Regarding online, the instructor provides the taught material through screen sharing, live broadcast, or by working on the cloud where attendees can see and interact with everything in real-time. Attendees themselves can seamlessly and actively participate and ask questions, as they would in a physical classroom. Additionally, they can collaborate in team projects and deliver assignments and hands-on projects that the instructor can see and provide feedback easily and without delays.
System administrators, devops engineers, computer scientists, software engineers and developers that want to boost their career are welcome to participate to this code.learn program and unlock the full potentiality of the topics taught by upskilling their future career.