This course covers the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure on the AWS platform. The participants will obtain a detailed overview and the necessary hands-on experience to apply AWS Cloud best practices and design patterns for architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS and build a variety of infrastructures. After completing successfully the proposed course, the participant can claim for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam. After the end of the proposed training course, the participant is expected to fulfill the following objectives:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Leverage AWS services to make your infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Leverage AWS Managed Services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Make an AWS-based infrastructure more efficient to increase performance and reduce costs
- Use the Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures with AWS solutions
- This specific Code.Learn program lasts 2 weeks (2 Fridays & 2 Saturdays) and consists of 24 hours of lectures and hands-on exercise on real case studies and projects.
The purpose of this training course is twofold: It can be viewed as the ideal training that helps the participants learn the basics of architecting on AWS, but it also acts as the preparation step for the interested participants to claim for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Certification and pass the respective exam with confidence. All topics covered in this study guide are accompanied by extensive and fully realistic hands-on exercises that help the participant understand the concepts in depth and enable him/her to apply the obtained knowledge to real-world cases. Overall, the training course, and the certification in particular, validates that the engineer effectively demonstrates knowledge of how to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies, that defines a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements and that provides implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project.
To further help gauging the readiness to claim for the certification, the training program includes carefully designed self-assessment mock exams, guaranteeing that the participants will feel confident that have obtained all the information and knowledge required to fulfill the domain expectations, gaining a deep understanding within each area.
A non-exhaustive list of all topics covered by this training program is the following:
- Introduction to Intro to AWS
- Introduction to AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Introduction to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Elastic IP, Security Groups
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Amazon Elastic File System (EFS)
- Elasticity and Scalability: Amazon Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Amazon Auto Scaling Groups (ASG
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon Simple Workflow Service (SWF)
- Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- Amazon Key Management Service (KMS)
- Elastic Beanstalk
- Virtual Private Network (VPC)
The lessons can be carried out:
- Inside a physical classroom with an instructor,
- In an online environment as a virtual classroom, with live connection with the instructor through video conferencing; or lastly,
- A combination of both physical and online.
The method of teaching will depend on the current conditions, and also on the participants’ preferences.
Regarding online, the instructor provides the taught material through screen sharing, live broadcast, or by working on the cloud where attendees can see and interact with everything in real-time. Attendees themselves can seamlessly and actively participate and ask questions, as they would in a physical classroom. Additionally, they can collaborate in team projects and deliver assignments and hands-on projects that the instructor can see and provide feedback easily and without delays.
The training does not assume any prior experience on AWS and proactively tries to bridge the necessary gap in case of missing knowledge. However, it is recommended that the participant fulfils the following
prior AWS-related knowledge (although not mandatory):
- Hands-on experience using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services
- Ability to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement
- Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- An understanding of the basic architectural principles of building on the AWS Cloud
- An understanding of the AWS global infrastructure
- An understanding of network technologies as they relate to AWS
- An understanding of security features and tools that AWS provides and how they relate to traditional services
More detailed information, along with white papers and additional stuff can be found in the respective here