Why to participate
- International recognition of acquired competencies and skills. It is the most widely recognized and fastest-growing software test certification in the world.
- You are prepared to pass the exam and earn ISTQB Advanced level Certification, with the prerequisite that you own ISTQB Foundation Level Certification.
- You demonstrate a strong commitment to the testing profession and self-improvement.
- The advanced level of the course, proves you have the desire to move higher in your career and your organization. You are the kind of test leader others want to hire and keep in their organization.
Description/ Rational/ Motivation
Although agile methodology recognizes the value of all phases of software development life-cycle, only a limited investment in further establishment and consolidation of agile-oriented software testing has been attained, with the immediate risk to undermine another crucial aspect, the quality assurance. Software testing is a neuralgic pillar in the software-development cycle that cannot (and surely should not) be ignored in any way. As a software engineer, it is more than imperative to understand the value of agile software testing and to consider it as equally important as the software development.
Being motivated by the aforementioned, Code.Hub offers a training Course absolutely dedicated to IT professionals that desire an in-depth and broad understanding of testing methodologies and practices. Building upon the ISTQB Foundation Level training, after successful completion of this course the participants will be prepared to claim for the ISTQB Advanced Level Certification. The course has been designed very carefully and offers syllabi with the objective to cover the following three major pillars:
- Test Manager: This training path focuses on the key areas that are vital for successful test management: the testing process, test management, standards and test improvement processes, reviews, defect management, team skill management, review management and practices, test improvement processes, as well as key-decision making including tool selection and lifecycle and tool automation. The following figure illustrates all individual topics, including a mapping with the corresponding items that will be presented in depth.
- Test Analyst: This training path provides to the participants the necessary background and practical skills for successful test analysis and design. This practical course flow will help the participant to deliver better test analysis and design, how to apply test design techniques in real-world situations, gaining competency in the essential principles of test design specification and outcome-driven test activities. The following figure illustrates all individual topics, including a mapping with the corresponding items that will be presented in depth.
- Technical Test Analyst: This training path focuses on advanced technical testing techniques used in modern software development teams. Participants will deal extensively with advanced topics covering component and white box testing, static analysis, non-functional testing as well as notions of testing automation. The following figure illustrates all individual topics, including a mapping with the corresponding items that will be presented in depth.
Depending on the specific flow, the expected learning outcomes are summarized as follows:
- Test Manager
- Learn the most up-to-date testing software projects methodologies
- Reduce defects and raise the profile of your team
- In-depth knowledge about all testing activities related to management
- Preparation for the Test Manager exam (CTAL-TM)
- Test analyst
- Apply appropriate test design techniques for different use cases and application domains
- Propose reliable and high-quality test design specifications and strategies
- Improve the ability to evaluate requirements and design future modules
- Propose suitable techniques to test and validate advanced quality requirements such as performance, reliability, accessibility and usability
- Preparation for the Test Manager exam (CTAL-TA)
- Technical Test Analyst
- Design and implement and maintain test automation frameworks
- Experience in risk testing, structured-based testing and security testing
- Reviewing methodologies and strategies
- Preparation for the Test Manager exam (CTAL-TTA)
- Experienced software test engineers seeking advanced-level accreditation and want to advance their hands-on testing skills.
- Test Managers needing a better understanding of advanced test design skills.
- Project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants who want a deeper understanding of software testing.
- Generally, it is appropriate to people with experience in software development lifecycle and want to emphasize in depth on testing aspects and methodologies.