- 22 hours divided in 2 Fridays & 2 Saturdays
Why to participate
- International recognition of acquired competencies and skills. It is the most widely recognized and fastest-growing software test certification in the world.
- Apply general software testing principles and fundamental test processes.
- Manage testing, planning, estimating, monitoring, and controlling.
- You can be fully prepared to participate to the GRTB Foundation Level Certified Tester exam and add the “ISTQB® Certified Tester” logo and credential to your resume.
- Realize the purpose of testing throughout the whole software lifecycle.
Description/ Rational/ Motivation
To deal with of the complex and “multi-layered” process of software development, Agile has been recently proposed and grown in popularity and practical usage. In short, agile promotes the continuous and collaborative effort of cross-functional teams with the objective to produce a reliable and robust software item. The market is full of a range of models aimed at supporting those who wish to move to Agile development. Despite their differences, all of them share a common baseline: Creation of user stories to drive the development process, the use of iteration and release planning, retrospectives as a means to achieve process improvement, and continuous integration as a mechanism to improve quality and provide working software to customers.
Although agile methodology recognizes the value of all phases of software development life-cycle, unfortunately it is mostly applied to project management and software implementation. On the contrary, a limited investment in further establishment and consolidation of agile-oriented software testing has been recorded, with the risk to undermine another crucial aspect, the quality assurance. Fortunately it is more and more understood that software testing is a neuralgic pillar in the software-development cycle that cannot (and surely should not) be ignored in any way. It is equally important as the software development itself. It becomes understood that as a software engineer it is more than imperative to understand the value of agile software testing, and to adopt the more recent methodologies.
Under this perspective, this course provides all knowledge required, both theoretical and practical, to quickly prepare and attain the ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate through to-the-point presentations, exercices and mock exams with analysis of the key points where special attention is needed by the candidates. After Course completion, the software engineer will earn a thorough testing culture and will be equipped with the necessary design principles and practical knowledge.
- Fundamentals of testing
- Testing throughout software lifecycle
- Static testing
- Dynamic testing
- Test design techniques
- Test management
- Tool support for testing
- Testing risks
By the end of the Course, the participant will be in position to:
- Understand the Quality Assurance & Software Testing terminology
- Realize the importance of testing in software lifecycle
- Understand well-established software testing principles and fundamental test processes
- Utilize well-established test design techniques
- Incorporate test management practices
- Participate to the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level Exam
- Software Engineers / IT Analysts and Consultants / QA Engineers / Software Testers who want to validate their knowledge with a highly appreciated certificate in the IT industry and boost their careers.
- QA Engineers who want to follow specific career paths in Software Testing Industry (Test Manager, Test Analyst, Technical Test Analyst) and need the mandatory ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate.