- This specific Code.Learn program lasts 2 weeks (2 Fridays, 2 Saturdays) with 25 hours of lectures and hands-on exercise on a real life project.
Key Objectives – Curriculum:
This program will present, explore and adequately cover with extended hands-on sessions & real-life case studies the following areas:
- Jump start with PostgreSQL:
– Server configuration
– Database object types
– Data types
– Schemas & Indexes
– Audit tables & Triggers
– Database administration
– User administration
– Permissions & Security
– Terminology, Overview & Architecture
– Startup and setup
– Switchover, failover & failback
– Physical streaming replication & Hot Standby
– Replication Manager
- Backup & Disaster Recovery:
– Physical backup
– Point in time recovery
– Logical backup
– Logical replication
– Bi-directional replication
- PostgreSQL Security:
– User authentication levels
– Schema level security
– Data encryption
– Backup security
– Row level security
The lessons can be carried out:
- Inside a physical classroom with an instructor,
- In an online environment as a virtual classroom, with live connection with the instructor through video conferencing; or lastly,
- A combination of both physical and online.
The method of teaching will depend on the current conditions, and also on the participants’ preferences.
Regarding online, the instructor provides the taught material through screen sharing, live broadcast, or by working on the cloud where attendees can see and interact with everything in real-time. Attendees themselves can seamlessly and actively participate and ask questions, as they would in a physical classroom. Additionally, they can collaborate in team projects and deliver assignments and hands-on projects that the instructor can see and provide feedback easily and without delays.
Database administrators, db engineers, data warehouse engineers, BI developers and data engineers that want to boost their career are welcome to participate to this code.learn program and unlock the full potentiality of the topics taught by upskilling their future career.